Software Developers (permanently open positions)
What we do
At MeaningCloud we extract the meaning hidden behind data. We build products that answer business questions, make accurate predictions, and help making better decisions. We usually start from small ideas and build progressively more complex systems where each step taken is a challenge itself. We enjoy dealing with unstructured data, federating many different data sources not necessarily machine-friendly, designing algorithms that extract the meaning hidden in the data, and building APIs that answer easily to such complicated questions.
CRUDs are great, but we find them boring.
What you will do
On one hand, you will be part of a team responsible of the full lifecycle of Data Analytics solutions, including requirements analysis, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing, and deployment. We are looking for candidates knowledgeable in a broad set of technology skills, able to design and build robust solutions for large international clients and learn quickly as the platform grows.
On the other, you will help us improve all aspects of the platform: design decisions, extracting microservices, improving the deployment pipeline, adopting new tools. Anything you think will make us better and happier.
To give you an idea of how we build our products, our stack consists on:
- Infrastructure: AWS EC2 + Linux
- Hashicorp stack (Consul, Nomad, Vault)
- AWS RDS (MySQL)
- Microservices (Kotlin + Micronaut, Java + Spring, Go, Python, Docker)
- CI: GitLab, Jenkins
- Monitoring: ELK, Prometheus + Grafana + Alertmanager
- Software Engineer, Computer Scientist, Telecommunication Engineer or related background.
- A good team player and able to work independently, proactive and fearless of stepping out of the comfort zone.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentational skills.
- Abilities to build cross functional and external relationships.
- English Proficiency (really, you will need it)
Your skills and interests
- DevOps mindset: you built it, you run it!
- Experience with Java or Kotlin. Python is a plus!
- Testing advocate. TDD is a plus!
- Skills and interest in integration and automation.
- Skills in problem solving.
- Fluent in Linux, Git, SQL, working with HTTP APIs.
- Skilled in software engineering: Object-oriented design, SOLID principles, etc.
- Interest in algorithms and data structures (complexity, cost)
- Willing to explore new technologies and trends.
What we offer
- Fantastic working environment.
- Flexible working hours and remote work when needed.
- Competitive salary.
- Intensive workday during summer months.
- Training opportunities (courses, conferences)
Our engineering office is located in Madrid, Spain, in Alameda 22 St (Atocha train station)