We have released a new version of our information extraction API, Topics Extraction. In Topics Extraction 2.0:
- The topics extracted have been reordered to extract information in a more coherent way.
- Configuration options have been changed to provide flexibility in the analyses and to make the options available more understandable.
- We’ve refactored our code with two short-term goals in mind:
- Improving the quality concepts/keywords extraction.
- Making easier and more flexible the use of user dictionaries.
- A new element has been added, quantity expressions to cover a specific type of information that was hard to obtain with previous versions.
- Some fields at the output have been modified, either to give them more appropriate names or to make them easier to use and understand.
- A configurable interface language has been added to improve multilingual analyses.
All these improvements mean the migration process is not as fast as it would be with a minor version. In this post, we explain what you need to know to migrate your applications from Topics Extraction 1.2 to Topics Extraction 2.0.